UNCG School of Music, Theatre and Dance, Greensboro, NC (2009-2011)
Instructor, MUS 203: Instrumentation (Spring 2011)
- Taught a curriculum based on Adler's Orchestration text with a series of guest instrumentalists.
Instructor, MUS 115: Introduction to Composition (Fall 2010)
- Taught a project-based introductory composition course for first year students.
- MUS 350/550: Electronic Music (2009-2010)
- mentored students on use of electronic music lab; helped them troubleshoot problems
- MUS 332, MUS 333: Music History (2009-2010)
- graded quizzes and assignments; taught several sessions
Shodor, Durham, NC (2005-2009)
Graphics, Design, and Web Development Mentor
- The Mentor Center @ Shodor (mentored high school and college interns)
- SUCCEED Apprenticeship Program (mentored high school apprentices)
- Developed a computer graphics/visualization workshop curriculum for middle/high school students.
- Taught or supervised the teaching of this curriculum for the following programs:
- Shodor Graphics @ Carteret County (full-day, week-long, 2011)
- Shodor SUCCEED Workshops (full-day, week-long, summer and spring break, 2005-2011)
- Shodor Scholars Program (full-day, summer, 2005-2009)
- Training for Success (after-school, year-long, 2007-2008)
- Restoration Institute for Leaders (full-day, summer-long, 2006)
@ middlebury college
Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT (2004-2005)
Computer Lab Mentor
- Ran a weekly tutoring/QA session for students in introductory programming classes.